- INF100 Introduction to programming (F22)
- INF101 Object-oriented programming (S23, S22)
- INF102 Algorithms and data structures (F18)
- INF237 Algorithms engineering (S19, S18, S17)
- INF219/INF319 Project in informatics (Bergen Open 2018, Bergen Open 2021)
Other stuff related to CS education I to various extents have contributed to or take an interest in:
- Competitive programming: NIO, NCPC, contests at UiB, solved kattis problems
- Simple Python graphics library: uib-inf100-graphics
Looking for an advisor for your master thesis? I am interested in supervising projects related to education and didactics, computer science communication, algorithmic thinking or interdisciplinary topics. Some examples:
- Educational technology: develop a tool designed for use in an educational setting, and evaluate how it fares.
- Computational thinking: can kids (or politicians) learn recursion? Or make an NP-hardness reduction?
- Interdisciplinary topics: can a piece of software make a difference in an area such as medicine, law, management, policy-making or business?
My current research interests are in computer science education and algorithmic thinking.
- Phd thesis: Exploiting graph structures for computational efficiency (pdf)
- Master thesis: Kernelization of Vertex Cover by Structural Parameters (pdf)
See also my orcid profile.
Time permitting, I am available for minor consulting jobs. I have experience as an expert witness in court on source code plagiarism, as well as some minor development jobs for data science applications. Please contact me for more information or references.
- 2015–2020: PhD, Computer Science, University of Bergen
- 2013–2015: Msc, Computer Science, University of Bergen
- 2009–2013: Bsc, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
- 2004–2008: Electronics and General Studies (TAF), Knarvik Vidaregåande Skule
- 2021– Associate Professor, University of Bergen
- 2020–2021 Senior Software Engineer, Vizrt
- 2018–2019 Assistant Professor, University of Bergen
- 2013–2015 Systems Engineer, ABB
- 2010–2012 Maintenance Management Engineer (summers/part time), Bybanen AS
- 2008–2009 Compulsory military service, Norwegian Army
- 2004–2008 Apprentice in electronics (50% part time), Roxar (later aquired by Emerson)